With spring now here, it is the perfect time to give your home a well-deserved spring clean
From drawers and cabinets to the pantry, these tips are set to get your kitchen looking spotless
This checklist by Wren Kitchens will ensure your kitchen is clean and fresh this spring
Spring has sprung and to elevate a sense of freshness in the home, Brits have been searching for ‘tidy kitchen tips’ (+100%). Springtime is the perfect opportunity to rid your kitchen of the party season clutter and leftover bits and bobs from the last few months to open the door to a clean and tidy space.
To help Brits create a pristine clean space with an added sense of calm, Wren Kitchens provide the ultimate checklist everyone needs when devoting their afternoon to the kitchen area.
Drawers and cabinets
For a more organised cupboard space:
- Pull out all your items and sort them into piles: one to keep, one to donate, and one to recycle or throw away.
- Wipe your cupboards and draws and replace your worn drawer dividers or liners with new ones.
- Clean any glass-fronted cabinets until they are gleaming.
To ensure this space stays clean and presentable, you’ll need to:
- Pull out the items, throw away any out-of-date foods and donate any unopened food you don’t want.
- Wipe down your shelves and cupboard doors.
- Refill your empty jars, add labels to any new jars and place your items back in a neat and tidy fashion.
Oven and hob
Cleaning your oven and hob needs to be done with care:
- If you can, remove your glass from the oven door and wash in warm, soapy water.
- Clean the exterior of your oven and doors.
- Remove the knobs and grates and clean.
- Clean your extractor hood and remove the extraction grills to wipe these down.
- Use specific hob cleaning products and wipe them down with a warm damp sponge for a thorough and sparkling finish.
To keep your worktops gleaming, you need to:
- Clear your worktops and sort through the things you need versus the things you can replace.
- Wipe down your appliances including your toaster, kettle, and microwave.
- Clean your fruit bowls, knife blocks, and your tea, coffee, and sugar jars.
- Wipe down your splashbacks to complete your wonderful worktops.
Fridge and freezer
Your fridge and freezers need to be cleaned frequently to avoid cross-contamination and to ensure a germ-free space:
- Remove all food from your fridge/freezer and bin any out-of-date foods.
- Remove and thoroughly clean your shelves whilst washing any ice trays.
- Wipe down the exterior of your fridge/freezer and finally, hoover and mop behind it.
- When the floor is completely dry, move your fridge/freezer back and put your food items back.
Sink and dishwasher
A dishwasher is great for larger families, but it also needs to be cleaned thoroughly for it to work efficiently:
- Clean your drains and scrub and polish your sink taps.
- Sort through your dishcloths and sponges to get rid of any old and worn cloths.
- Wipe down the inside and outside of your dishwasher and empty the food trap of your dishwasher.
- Run the appliance on a self-cleaning high heat cycle and it will be ready to go for the cleaning duty at dinnertime.
The rest of your kitchen
Once you’ve done the major cleaning in the kitchen, there’s nothing left but the finishing touches:
- Make sure you mop and hoover your floorspace
- Take the bins out
- Dust and wipe down your light fittings
- Wash any cushions or rugs
- Clean down any stools, tables, and islands.
For more style tips, visit https://www.wrenkitchens.com/blog/spring-clean-your-kitchen-with-this-easy-checklist